Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  Destin on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:33 am

At Lex's words, Magnus' hand snaps to his sword's hilt, lightning fast, and he even gives his own reaction a questioning look, as if he does not recognize the fist that grips his sword. He blinks and the confusion is gone. He looks to Darmorel.
"Have you any further need of this one?" His tone implies that if she doesn't want him dead, she should say so now.
avatar
Destin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:08 pm


All eyes turn to Darmorel...

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:21 pm


... a long tense silence hangs over the group as Darmorel contemplates the situation...

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  angeljones on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:47 pm

"I am sick of blood. He did not kidnap your prince and while he did nothing to rescue the boy when given the opportunity, that is not itself a crime. What he tried to do to the volcano, although abhorrent, is not an affront I would punish with death in this manner. It is not the druidic way. It is one thing to die in combat where death is a matter of skill. It is another to presume you have a right to judge the worthiness of another's life without their say."

She looks at the druid of Auril, "That is the difference between man's law and nature's law. Man's law is a construct based on the idea of fairness, that for every crime there is an equal punishment and that your peers can decide if you have paid enough for your actions. Nature's law makes no such pretense. It is not fair because there is no such thing. Crime and punishment can never be equal on an individual scale and no one person or creature or civilization can presume to know the whole of the balance that is wrought over ages."

She looks back to Destin, seeing the barely concealed rage bubbling beneath the suface. "If he is mine to judge, then I do not because I cannot. If he is meant to die, then he will. But not by my word this day. If you feel he must die, then that is your choice not mine."
avatar
angeljones


Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  Destin on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:27 am

Magnus felt as if his head were being split in two. He could feel his entire body, his very blood, screaming at him to simply stride over and plunge his sword in this traitor's chest. But the man was bound, nearly helpless, and it was wrong to kill him like this. A quick glance at Lex told him that the inquisitor was thinking the same thing.
Darmorel was against it too.
"Darma, one day soon you and I are going to have a long debate on the ethics of crime and punishment..."
He strides over to the bound Druid and kneels in front of him.
"You'll be taken back to the Druid's circle to account for what you've done here. We'll let your kind decide what to do with your kind."
Magnus can barely keep his composure when he stands up and walks away.
avatar
Destin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:31 am

The Druid of Auril stares after Magnus with a look that plainly betrays his bewilderment at what just happened. He dares to steal a long side-ways glance at Darmorel, looking for some confirmation of what he can barely dare to believe is happening...


_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:48 am

Looking at Magnus in a mix of pride and concern. Pride in that the boy he left on this journey so long ago has grown to a fine man, and one who could lead with a fair and just hand. Concern cause if this druid is left to live then he may come back for revenge on them. "Is this your final say on this issue Magnus? Darmarel what is your say on this?
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  Destin on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Magnus' words come through gritted teeth, an obvious sign that woking away from this chance is not the easiest for him to choose.
"He's beaten, Lex, and there's no honor in killing him. He's no danger to us now. We've defeated him once, and if need be we'll defeat him again. But just like he left Yumil's fate to his captors, we'll leave the Druid's fate to the Druids.
avatar
Destin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:23 pm

Looking over to Darmeral as the third of this make shift tribunal of this trial in the fields. " And yours, lady? Leave him to the fate of your superiors?"
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  bigrin42 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:14 pm

"The druids of the circle are hardly the only interested parties in this man's actions. Destabilizing the volcano would quite likely have resulted in the complete destruction of the surrounding land when the conflicting forces caused a dormant volcano to erupt in a quite spectacular fashion. In all likelihood, much of Neverwinter would be destroyed, either from the explosive force, or by the lave and fiery ash flung into the air. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to hand him over to the nearest civil authorities, and allow them to decide his fate. I, for one, am not thrilled with the thought of killing a 'helpless' individual outside of the civil courts, though I understand you may have both cause and authority, young Magnus."

"Still, it seems to me that handing him over to the druids of the circle would be a blatant slap in the face for those who spoke loudly against us involving ourselves directly in this matter, or in fact harming this person at all. In fact, did not your mentor, Darmorel, ask you to move out of the demesne of the circle before dealing with him? Returning him to them is likely to be seen by others of the circle as a direct contradiction of their previous warnings. Besides, his life was spared under false pretenses. He told us quite clearly that the prince would never be found alive if we did not spare him. Yet, he has given no indication that he has any means of living up to his inferred promise - that he would provide information that would enable us to find this prince. To that end, his life is most certainly forfeit, under both the laws of men and nature."
avatar
bigrin42


Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:44 pm

"He is right. I agree that to just kill him out here while he is defencless is wrong. But I do think he should be brought before he courts to face the charges before him. His crimes were those against the laws of man not of nature. He should be charged and trided by man. If we were to brake natures law then we would be held by those standards. The same should be held here. I would judge the trile but I feel to close to the situation to rule over it fairly and impartially. The best place would be Polatinus but that is to far away by foot. Darmeral what would you say on this? Senke, what is your view as an outsider to all of this?"
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  Senke on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Senke seems to notice you are talking to him as he was currently enthralled in what seemed to be a converstation with is bird."What do I think, hmm good question honestly I feel he should be allowed to make his case to the fire elementals he displaced and forced to seek new homes. Senke shrugs and then notching an arrow to his bow shoot the arrow off in the opposit direction of the group and the falcon chases after it. "Really though I dont have much care one way or the other." Senke then puts his hands to his lips and whistles, within seconds his falcon flys back and lands on his shoulder with the arrow in its mouth.
avatar
Senke


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:05 pm

"DM":
K. Nature 29=11 +18
K. Planes 32 =14 +18
to gather information of Elementals from the fire plane and their intelligence levels and ability to reason as well as any other information on them I can about their coulture


Last edited by E2lio2tR on Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:05 pm

The member 'E2lio2tR' has done the following action : Dice

'D20' : 11, 14
------------------------------------
Kn. (Planes):


Fire elements are a generally chaotic lot, with rule by strength being the most powerful force for control in their varied realms. As such "laws", such as they are, are limited to areas under the influence of particularly powerful elemental forces. Kossuth sits at the top of that heap, and his laws are the closest thing to any sort of homogeneous culture the fire elementals have, but it is nothing absolute. However, in most places, especially outside the Plane of Fire itself, its more of a "we don't fight our own unless we have to" (see my previous point about "Rule by the strength"). Anyone who espouses the forces of Water or cold is automatically branded an enemy of fire elemental creatures, and they will kill such persons/creatures/etc on site, regardless of the justice of the act or any wrongs actually done by the targeted creature towards the fire elementals.

Many fire types and actual elementals are intelligent, but tend to be a destructive lot by nature. So can they be reasoned with, yes, but its a difficult proposition as they like to watch things burn. So negotiations are usually dependant on the non-fire elemental being first, relatively fire proof, and second being able to either over power the elemental and/or able to offer them something of value that they cannot simply take by force.

The bottom line with all this, however, is who has jurisdiction over the Druid of Auril? And would you recognize that claim?
People break the rules and laws of various organizations, religious and otherwise, on a daily if not hourly basis. In this situation, my Tyrrans fall back on the baseline question is "Is the rule/law just"? Which is different from the question of fairness.

The simple answer here is, its not clear. "Justice" is an abstract concept that doesn't fit all that well with the natural world's rules. Even in the jurisdiction of the druid circle is questionable as the boundaries of their "rule" are fuzzy, at best.

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:24 pm

"While that would work to some code, that is not the way we are here.


avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:08 pm

A few moments of tense deliberation and anticipation pass before the one silent member of the group walks slowly in from about 30' out, watching for trouble...

"Okay, so the lady druid won't kill him cause she doesn't feel right about it. The Paladin won't kill him because he's got no authority to do it. The Ranger and Wizard won't cause, well, they go no reason to do it. And the Fighter won't for all those reasons put together." Nero turns his head slightly, closes his eyes, and puts his hands up in a slightly exaggerated shrug, before saying " I don't see why you shouldn't just leave him out here to be judged. Let the world have its way with him. If the world likes him, maybe he'll walk away only a bit sore from the experience. But you all get to leave with less of a burden to carry with you." He walks a bit further away from the group. He puts his hands in to the pockets of his stylized armored coat and says " Those are just my two cents. I'll be happy to start scouting ahead once you make up your minds that you're ready to leave."

The wind blows again from out of the west, adding to the scene the feel of grit bouncing off skin and armor, and cloaks flapping in the wind.

Kn. Nature: DC 20:

Date- Marpenoth 28, 1402
Temp- currently 68 F
Precip- Clear/None
Wind- variable, but generally out of the west and southwest, gusting up to "Windstorm" conditions for the next few hours.

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:03 am

Straight faced and cold. "I hate to agree with him, but he has a point. Leaving him here will save us time and since he is a druid, his law is that of nature. Nature's law is clear in survival of the fittest and most adapted to survive. And since he is just another of natures creatures trapped in some rope, he should have to find a way out on his own. I mean any animal would just chew his own leg off to get out. Also there are always some creatures around here that would love an easy meal that is gift wrapped for the taking. Nature will take care of its own and we can move on."

Walking over to the druid and squatting down to look him in the eye. "Thats how your kind would handle it. The evil kind of person. Not a druid, nor a paladin, fighter, or even a rouge. Just how an evil person would. What a person thinks and which of the gods he warships is not my concern nor is it something I care about, with some small exceptions. This is the measure of a man."

Pointing at Destin "Trying to protect ones family is natural. It is with in us all to protect the ones we love. This can be seen in man as well as animals."

Pointing at Darmarel "And this is the measure of what man is like when one is truly in tune with nature. She stands for her beliefs and respects those of others. She knows she dose not need to use the forceful hand of a tornado when the gentle breeze will be enough. She is a druid of unquestionable faith. However she is still more 'civilized' then many of the people from cities I have seen. She is willing to stand by her friends, family , and even her enemies to do what is right. For Tyr's sake, she just saved your life from being forfeit no more then a moment a go. Help us find the boy. If not because it is the right thing to do then do it to do what is natural: Save your own life. Destin has full rights to claim you as a prisoner of the crown and drag you back to find out where he is. You knowingly allowed a crime to continue without trying to stop it. You knew that the two who took him where not doing it for his best interests. We are outside the protection of the circle here, so what we do would be in accordance with that law of theirs. We have not done you any long term damage while we were with in that domain. You could have easily been killed with the last swing of my hammer."

Standing up so that he was between Destin and Darmeral. "So, I give you the choice. I will let you make up your own sound and logical mind and let you come to this naturally of your own accord. You give us what we ask of you and you go with Darmarel and what she sees fit to do. Or you refuse to tells us, and your life is with in Magnus Gallant's hands. Palatinian military law will take effect and I can not stop what will happen then. Please remember that any lies or misdirection will forfeit your choice and you will be handed to him with out any hesitation. Do you forfeit your life to pride or do you do what is natural and save your life by helping us save the princes? The choice is yours."
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:59 am


The Druid of Auril, hands still tightly bound, works his way up to his knees. He faces the three and raises his hands up. A brief, but brilliant ray of sunlight shines down on the group from out of the eastern sky, as he speaks, giving him an also saintly look from what the half-blinded party can see...


Slowly, laborously the words come out as he holds his hands out stretched towards Magnus, Darmorel, and Lex"I submit... to the judgement of... who holds dominion over me... now."

In that moment, that Druid's arms shoot up from their previously outstretch position towards the trio, to straight over his head. A brief gust of air shoots through the party's hair, cloaks and gear. In that moment, the only other sound that can be heard is "Hu-rk!" and the shadowed form of Vahasti disappears from your sight.

The sunlight fades as the clouds reform in the eastern sky. The party is shocked to see that the Druid is gone...
Perception check DC 17:

You spot a large dark shape with something long hanging beneath it flying away towards the north east...
If you had to guess, he's already out of range of even long range spells
Perception check DC 23:

You spot the Druid dangling from the talons of a large, dark-feathered bird. Hastened by the powerful winds, they speed away towards the north east.
...He is already out of range of even long range spells by the time your eyes catch him.
Follow up check- Knowledge (Nat) DC 32
Perception check DC 29:

You spot the Druid dangling from the talons of a large, dark-feathered bird. Hastened by the powerful winds, they speed away towards the north east.
Just barely on the wind, you hear the Druid's voice cry out, and that one is none of you!. His head then lolls down as he seems to pass out.
...He is already out of range of even long range spells by the time your eyes catch him.
Follow up check- Knowledge (Nat) DC 26
If you had a follow-up Check to make and made the DC:

You can tell that the bird carrying the Druid off is a juvenile Roc... something Druid's are known to occasionally have a animal companions.
General OoC note for those who made their Perception checks:

Roc base fly speed- 80/rnd
Wind speed- 50mph= 73.333 ft./second
Riding that wind= (73.333x6= 440 ft./6 secs) + (80ft/6 secs)= 520ft/6 secs
Has Fly-by attack, racial Grab ability, Wep focus (Talons), Base attack of +6, Str 22/+6, had to hit Druid bindings AC of 15 (GM adhoc)
Attack roll
Dmg roll

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:14 am

Spoiler:
d1: Perception 38=19+19
Spoiler:
D1. K. Nature19 =7 +12
25= 7+18 if to id a monster


Last edited by E2lio2tR on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:14 am

The member 'E2lio2tR' has done the following action : Dice

'D20' : 19
'D20' : 7


Last edited by GM on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : condensing number of roll posts)

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:03 am


... the wind gust, a herald of things to come, dies out. Once again, the only sound amongst the group is the silence of disbelief...

Nero looks up in the direction of the rapidly vanishing druid, " Huh, oh well, guess that's natures way. Though being lunch for some oversized turkey isn't how I'd want to go."

He turns back to the group and asks "Well, unless you have taken a liking to this particular patch of nowhere, which way would you like to head down?"


Last edited by GM on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:06 am; edited 2 times in total

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:03 am

The member 'GM' has done the following action : Dice

'D20' : 3, 13

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:17 am

Coldly "Thats the last time he gets away like that. He can not escape justice forever. " Turning to walk away "Nero, go ahead and start scouting if you want. "
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:24 am

"Okay, North east is the last direction I hear out of your Druid there, so I'll head off that way and see what's up ahead." He starts to head off in that direction.

Over his shoulder, he says back to the group "If you hear any loud bangs, it means I found something unfriendly. If you see me coming back, it means I found something I couldn't handle..."

The grin on his face is audible in his voice. With a slight click of his heels, he bolts off down the road faster than a horse at a full gallop.

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  Senke on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Spoiler:
Rolls for perception 19+15(roll)=34 and Know (nat) 6+14(roll)=20

Senke walking over the group as his falcon glide back to his shoulder with the arrow in its mouth. "Pompous ass-hole, so now thats all dealt with I take it we start for Silverymoon?" Senke smiles and looks at everyone.


Last edited by Senke on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Senke


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum