Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:22 pm

The member 'Senke' has done the following action : Dice

#1 'D20' : 15

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 14


Last edited by E2lio2tR on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix the roll to be the right number of dice)

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:56 pm

"That's the plan. The quicker we get there the better off we will be. Darmeral, if there is any thing you can remember about that type of bird let us know. It may help find our 'friend'. Senke, you hunt this area often don't you? What can you tell us about quicker ways to get to Silverymoon?"
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  Senke on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Senke shurgs "Not really I travel mostly... haven't taken this route before."
avatar
Senke


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:05 pm


It is with the stunned silence of the rest of the group hanging heavy around them, that Lex and Senke lead the others along the north-easterly road. Whether from anger, frustration, and simple acceptance, the trek along the road is remarkably quiet...

Several hours in to the journey, the party can hear the sound of rushing water in the distance. The sound grows louder as the day progresses. Eventually, the party finds itself moving along a trail which snakes along side a substantial river...(Knowledge (Geo) DC 25 or Knowledge (Nat) 25)...

It is hard to miss the substantial change in feel of the air. Despite the radical changes that had begun in Neverwinter, the moist forest air of Neverwinter woods had a twinge of warmth to it. Now, exposed and so much further north, the air and winds here have no such cheerful feel to them. Indeed, the gust which helped to speed the Druid of Auril away now seems to have been the first breath of winter, if not Auril herself.

While the river on your right flank still moves swiftly south, those few small pools where old rainwater collected are frozen over. It seems that the party's arrival here was during one of last warm periods before winter fully set in. As the party travel throughout the day, those without magical resistances to the elements or more simply the cold are forced to pull out warmer gear. Layers rapidly become the order of the day.

The party gets in a full days travel before a lone figure is stopped ahead of you. Soon, his crimson coat becomes visible giving away his identity. With the sun rapidly diminishing in the western skies, you find Nero staring off towards the Northwest.

Hands in his pockets he speaks to no one in particular as you approach "I don't know exactly where we are, but what a view..." With a follow up whistle, he points in the direction he is looking. In that direction, perhaps half a day's journey on foot, you can see a stark, narrow band of ice-capped mountains (Knowledge (Geo) DC 22 or Knowledge (Nat) 22, +2 if you made the previous check). "Well, I think its about time to pitch a few tents and get some shut-eye. I haven't seen anything around any more aggressive than a fox, on this side of the river."

With that, the party begins to search for a dry spot to camp. Despite the lack of rains, as evidenced by the dusty road, the grasslands are still a big mucky being this close to the river. However, the more naturally-gifted members of the group soon find a suitable spit of "high ground". During this search, the rest of the group performs a final patrol of the area and even manages to take down a young buck for dinner. After returning with their prize, Senke prepares the kill while the rest of the group either gets a fire going, or begins to erect tents. Darmorel's cheetah is the first to curl up next to the fire, followed by Nero.

Knowledge (Geo or Nat) DC 25:

Given the geographic and environmental clues available to you, you get a very good feeling about where you are. The river that speeds along on the party's right flank is the River Surbrin, a tributary to the greater River Rauvin which snakes through the heart of the Silver Marches, and right through the center of Silverymoon.

Exactly where along the river you are is simply too hard to guess at this point without more definitive landmarks...


Knowledge (Geo or Nat) DC 22, +2 if you made the previous check:

Given the geographic and environmental clues available to you, you get a very good feeling about what you are looking at. Given the proximity of the river to the southeast, you feel fairly confident that those are the southern tips of the deceptively named Frost Hills, which houses the most powerful dwarven kingdom in the North, Mithral Hall. Though not a titanic mountain range, to call them "hills" is something of an understatement with their peaks rising to over 4,000 ft. It is considered a spur of the truly colossal Spine of the World mountains, and forms something of a natural shield against the even harsher weather further north. The Frost Hills also serve as the demarcation for the western border of the Silver Marches, and also the eastern border of the young orc kingdom of Many-Arrows, which sits between the western side of the hills and the northern reaches of the Lurkwood (whose southern tip you emerged from after Darmorel's spell).

With this landmark, plus the proximity of the river (which you surmise to be the River Surbrin, see the other post if you did not make that check already), you would guess you have at least another 6 to 7 days of hard travel to reach Silverymoon, assuming the weather remains decent.

OoC note:

I'm going to give this camping session til thursday to produce some coversation. After that, I will move things along and you can continue any in depth discussion on the road.

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:10 pm

Spoiler:
D1 KNature (DC 25) =9+12=20
D2 KNature (DC22) =16+12=28
"That sounds like a good idea to me. We still have just less then a weeks amount of traveling to go. We should rest up in case we do run into something a little more hungry then a fox. "


Last edited by E2lio2tR on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:10 pm

The member 'E2lio2tR' has done the following action : Dice

'D20' : 9, 16

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  bigrin42 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:58 pm

"I have the rope spell prepared for daily use. It's a little more comfortable than camping on the ground. Though I can see the appeal of staring up into the night sky, and sharing the wind's voice..." The mage trailed off for a minute. Anyways, it's there if you want it.
avatar
bigrin42


Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:27 pm

"That sounds like the best plan. It should hopefully keep us safe and give us time to rest up and prepare. Darmeral, I know you are not a fan of being held up in that plane. Could you see what the wild life from around this area knows? If anything odd has happened around here, or if they have seen something that could help us? Senke, IS your falcon's kind from around this area?"
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:30 pm

...With the evening passing quietly, though coldly, those on watch pass the time in quiet conversation...
Those who took Aurellion up on his offer for magical accommodations are woken by those on watch or who require less sleep than the rest of the group for a pre-dawn breakfast.

Date: Marpenoth 29,1402-
Soon, the late fall sun begins to light the eastern sky. The strong winds and clear skies of the previous day persist. The sun soon warms the plains as much as it can for the time of year. As before, Nero sets out to scout ahead as the rest of the group makes final preparations to start on the road again. Once done, the party sets off on the road, which takes on a more direct north-easterly direction.

GM Note:

I'll give this til Monday, unless a solid conversation picks up, then I'll advance things a bit more.

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:55 am


...The day passes fairly quickly. A few hours have passed when a red-coated figure is spotted standing on the road ahead.

When the group reached Nero, they can see that he is waiting for them at a mostly frozen river ford. Being just north of the River Rauvin it takes only a few moments to deduce that this is the River Surbrin, the potent river which originates out of the Lands against the Wall. Its waters are near freezing year round, and being this close to winter it is not surprising that it would have frozen before the Rauvin. Regardless, crossing seems safe. The sight of a town less than an hour's march away is all the inspiration the group needs to try...

Gm Note:

Gonna give this til the weekend to get something going here before I advance you along.

Rivermoot is a simple, spit of a town. Unless someone says otherwise, I'm going to have you all resupply and rest here and I will move you along, in game, the next day (in the real-world this weekend). Feel free to play with it, there is a tavern/Inn and that's about it. There are plenty of boats and docks, most all bound for Waterdeep before the ice sets in fully. The town is creatively built on stilts, which puts all the buildings about 10' off the ground.


_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:30 am

"Good to see you again Nero. I take it you did not run in to anything beyond your ability to handle. "
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:44 am

He chuckles under his breath, "I suppose. Let see if this pile of sticks has any place decent to eat." He says with a slightly mischievous smirk on his face. With that he starts across the frozen river, cautiously at first. About a dozen paces out, Nero looks back and gives a shrug as if to indicate everything seems solid.

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  bigrin42 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:34 pm

As they settle down for the night, their first since leaving the volcano without a prisoner in tow, Aurellion spoke. "It may not be my place to inquire, but given that I have been aiding you for reasons I am still not quite certain of, I think I have a right to know. Who is this Prince that you are all fired up to find, and what did that druid have to do with him. I gather from his answers that you have a prior history, but I am not sure I understand the ramifications of all that has happened."
avatar
bigrin42


Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Lex sits down next to Aurellion. "The prince is Magnus' half brother. He is the one who is next in line for the throne of their kingdom. The druid knows the men who are responsible for his kidnapping. And we do have some...history with him. Each time we meet, we can best him in combat, but it seems like he can slip out of our fingers. "
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  bigrin42 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:17 am

"Oh well, that's probably because you can't agree to do the sensible thing and kill him while you have the chance," said Aurellion without a trace of judgement or condemnation in his voice. "After all, it is the logical choice."
avatar
bigrin42


Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:40 am

Aurellion's stark, honest post leaves a silence hanging in the air... Soon the weight of ale and food has most everyone feeling a bit sleepy. Eventually everyone turns in for the night. Straw beds are the best anyone can hope for here and you make the best of it.

Marpenoth 30, 1402:

The next day, dark clouds on the western horizon herald trouble ahead. Though the winds have warmed up just a bit, this conflict between cold and heat bodes ill for the days travel, at least. Thankfully, winter cloaks also tend to be rather waterproof, so the driving rain mainly soaks mounts and boots, and turns the previously dry road into a muddy mess before the day is out...

Nero assumes his customary scouting position well ahead of the group

Comment if you like, I'll advance things tomorrow

GM only:

Marp 30 Weather: (23)
Temp- 74
Wind- Severe (30)
Precip- Tstorm: 2 storms,
1st- 30 min long
2nd- 60 min long
Rest of day- Rainy
Duration- 1 day

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:15 pm


...the day is filled with nothing but cold rain, punctuated by two distinct periods of intense thunderstorms in the afternoon. Eventually, it becomes clear that you will not reach any other point of civilization before night sets in. So, making the best of camping out in open country so close to a major river on saturated ground, the group retreats off the road a hundred yards or so to the north. There, Aurellion casts his rope trick and the group rests in relative comfort. So ends the last day of Marpenoth...

Those who had been on watch notice the passing of the storm clouds of the previous day and evening, revealing a gloriously clear night sky. The last day of Marpenoth is the full moon, and the distant echoing howls provoke some instinctive reactions from those on watch.

Yet, nothing comes of it. Whether the howls belong to natural wolves or lycanthropes, they stay their distance. Eventually, the eastern sky begins to lighten and a bit of warmth returns to the air. The next day, the group awakens and departs their extra-dimensional shelters to find the world a less-wet place. The winds are far more calm and overall the day seems to bode much better for making good forward progress.

You had learned that High Hold is the next stop on the journey to Silverymoon, and even with the muddy road you should reach it either late today or early tomorrow, if the merchants in Rivermoot were correct.

I'll advance things again tomorrow, assuming no significant conversation picks up

GM only:

Uktar 1 Weather: (4)
Temp- 75
Wind- Fair (4= Light)
Precip-Clear
Duration- 6 days

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:05 am


Okay folks,

Given some major OoG events happening, and will good traveling weather In-game, I'm gonna fast forward you guys to Silverymoon without further ado. So, you've got til the 20th to buy and sell gear as needed. For anyone who wants to get more indepth, treat the economic stats of the Silverymoon listed in the FR book as being current: Silverymoon is still in the process of rebuilding, and expanding but it for all intents and purposes it is a functioning thriving metropolis. We'll get into the new details about the city on the 21st.

Go for it folks


_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:21 am

"to all mostly brad":
How much money do we all have? I think brad has kept up with that one.
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  bigrin42 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:14 am

I'll gladly post all loot and cash when I get back from Haiti.
avatar
bigrin42


Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:48 am

"To Brad who arth in Haiti":
Be safe man
"To Tim who arth in Durham":
Lex goes shopping. We can wait till later to see what it is.
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:14 am


Sadly, given scheduling issues by those currently slated to be contributing here, I will be closing out this discussion panel a few days early. We'll have to deal with some of the minutia of purchasing and selling items on saturday... Please come prepared with a list of items you would:

A) like to claim (from the party list)
B) like to purchase in Silverymoon

Finally, back-ups for your wish list in case I deem your first choice(s) to be unavailable.

See you all Saturday,


-GM

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum