Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:16 pm


The party sets forth out of the Lurkwood.

Travelling east you soon come upon a dirt road.

The road branches off in three directions: North-north west, North-north east, and south-south east...

Which way do you go


_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  Senke on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:39 am

Senke standing low in a squat elbows on his knees says "Well whatever direction we do end up going I can scout ahead a bit for us and make sure we have a clear and easy path to travel." He then looks around to see which path seems to be the most traveled and the best kept. (do you need me to roll a survival check?)
avatar
Senke


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:46 am

Survival check 18:


The trail going NNE and SSE are the most well travelled, both of which having small caravans travelling on them within the past 72 hours.

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  bigrin42 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:01 pm

" Well, it seems to me that if we are intending to head towards Silverymoon, then we should perhaps choose the path that leads to Silverymoon. " The mage nods his head definitively, as if that settled the matter. The fact that he had no idea which of the paths led to Silverymoon was entirely beside the point.
avatar
bigrin42


Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  Senke on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:35 pm

My eyebrow twitches at what the mage says and I do a knowledge geography check to see where we are and which road leads to Silverymoon as well as look around the party to see if he anyone else was annoyed by his statement.

Spoiler:
Knowledge (geography) +6
avatar
Senke


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:41 pm

Knowledge (Geo):


There is too little information at the moment to accurately determine where you might be.


_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  angeljones on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Smiling a little at the mage's response, Darmorel turns to take in the crossroads. "I prepared a spell for just this eventuality today. It should be able to tell us which way to go." She lightly rests her fingertips on a piece of holly and oak leaves entwined in her unruly hair. She begins to chant slowly and rhythmically making a few gestures of power.

Spoiler:
Casts Find the Path.

When she is finished, she tilts her head as though waiting for a sign.

avatar
angeljones


Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:12 pm


The winds stir and strengthen. Soon, a strong but short lived wind blows from out of the west and towards the east. The wind catches Darmorel's hair and whips it in that direction. Just before the winds dies down, a decoration, a blue-tipped feather, is blown free from its place. The wind tosses it about for a moment before it arrows into the moist earth...

Darmorel:

you get the sense that Silverymoon is almost directly due east. That is the shortest physical path to the city. It lies about 120 miles from where you currently stand.

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Spoiler:
Gen Int check 19= 16+3
to try and remember if there is a river that runs near Silverymoon


Last edited by E2lio2tR on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:07 pm

The member 'E2lio2tR' has done the following action : Dice

'D20' : 16

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:36 pm

Int check result:


Yes, there is, though its name escapes you...

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:28 pm

Looking at the group, but mostly to Darma and Senke. "There is a river that flows near Silverymoon correct? If we can find that shouldn't we be able to just follow that right to the town?"
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  angeljones on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Darmorel bends down to retrieve the feather, eyes unfocusing a little as she remembers back to her last hazy memories of blue feathers and storm clouds. She brushes the dirt from the feather and stashes it in a pouch. She looks east into the distance, then comes back to the present.

"That sounds right, Lex, but I don't know which direction the river is from our current location. I do know that from where we are right now Silverymoon is almost directly east. We don't want to go south, since that would take us at least partially back the way we came, so I believe the best way forward is the north-easterly path. This spell will last for about an hour, so if we get moving I should start to get a feel for whether we chose the correct path before we go to far. I have a couple of other castings that I can use if we come to any forks or problems on the path. Failing all else, I'm fairly certain the Senke and I could lead you across open land if necessary."
avatar
angeljones


Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Standing up and stretching some to get ready for the next length of the journey, Lex looks around "Ok then. I guess that's the plan. We shouldn't wast time on this spell. The quicker we start, the quicker you can get a better heading on where we need to head. And we never know what is waiting ahead of us on the way. I'm ready when ever you all are. "
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Look over to the "sleeping" druid. "We are going to need to do something with him. Can I see the Necklace of adaptation we just got and some rope?"
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:15 pm


The druid of Auril stirs slightly as he lies on the ground.

His questioning thus far had been only so fruitful. Knocking him out again, mostly out of frustration for his obstinance, had been the standard practice whenever he awoke...

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:07 pm

"ooc":
my basic plan is to tie him up so he can not cast or move. Put the necklace on him and shove him into a bag of holding. Itll be easier to carry and draw less attention till we can get him some place safe to question.

Response:

That was what I was thinking. Go with it.
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Taking the necklace and some rope, Lex ties the druids arms behind his back and binds his feet as well as his hands (so that he can not cast). He attaches the necklace and gags him as well. "Senke
, give me some help putting him into the bag.
"

"ooc":
put him in the bag...things only heard in DnD...
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  bigrin42 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:33 pm

Aurellion watched Darmorel cast her spell with frank interest. "I say, that is truly a wonderful spell. I wonder if it might be possible for me to learn it from you? There are so many useful ways to be...useful when you have magic about." He ignores the others currently wrestling with the druid of Auranil until a thought occurs to him. "Oh, did you want me to magically scan his mind before you bag him up? It just occurred to me that I might have a scroll or two to that effect hidden in here somewhere." He rummaged through his valise and came up with a scroll. "Ah yes, Detect Thoughts. That might do the trick, mightn't it?"

"everyone":

Sorry for the delays. Been in California most of the week with little internet access. Also sorry I didn't mention this scroll before. It's fairly in character for Aurellion to wait this long, without someone specifically reminding him that he may have a thing. But, TBH I was hoping Jared would be online to "question" the druid. Don't know what we are gonna do without him to lead the interrogation...too bad we don't have someone known for their ability to "question". A Questioner, perhaps? Or maybe a member of the Those-Who-Ask-Questions group? Tim, any idea if we could find one of those in Silverymoon?
avatar
bigrin42


Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:02 pm

"OOC: Everyone":
Do you mean someone who can be inquisative Brad? Like an incisitor? Razz Im waiting till we are out side of the Druid controled area and where this captured druid is no longer under their protection. Also this way we can continue on the process of finding said place with out being spotted.
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Detect thoughts note:

While the spell does not explicitly state that an unconscious person gets no save, I will operate from the assumption that he is unable to muster the necessary Will to resist.

Aurellion:

The druids' surface thoughts, such as they are in an unconscious state, send a shiver down your spine. His quasi-dream state incorporates most of the party in various states of frozen (literally) agony. Beyond that, there is little of consequence.

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  bigrin42 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:08 pm

"GM":

I wasn't going to use it until he was awake and Magnus had the opportunity to press him for details. No worries though, I have another scroll.

Response:

Gotcha, sorry bout that, thought maybe you were trying to catch tidbits from his dreaming mind.

"witty comeback:

Not really, just trying to get a substantive post in place on the off chance that Jared will post. That way he can feed off the suggestion.
avatar
bigrin42


Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  Destin on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:40 pm

As the exchanges were traded between the party members, Destin had been watching in earnest, using every ounce of willpower he had not to step forward. He wanted every bit of information this bastard had, and then he wanted him dead.
...but I've been here before. With the Yuan-ti...
He'd not handled himself well in that matter. This time would be different. With the mention of a magic that could probe the druid's mind, Magnus finally makes his decision.
"Let's wake him up, and find out if sparing his life was a mistake or not."
He begins by removing his sword belts, and stepping over to the bound and beaten Druid, he crushes and melts a ball of snow in his palm, letting the drops of water wake him. When his eyes flutter open, Magnus steps back leaving a two foot gap between himself and despite his difficultly collected calm his eyes flare a brilliant violet hue as he speaks.
He says, softly and plainly, "Where is the boy?"
avatar
Destin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  GM on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:56 pm


From the small patch of lingering snow near Magnus, the cold water seems to jolt the Druid of Auril back awake. Having onlu been on the threshold of unconsciousness, he seems a bit more pained than usual. The beginnings of a bruise on the side of his temple is the best sign that he is not fully recovered.

He wills his eyes to focus on the party. As he does, his usual sneer fails to materialized, replaced instead by a look of frustration and exhaustion, as if to say "Here we go again".

_________________
"It is always those who are closest that shall wound you deepest..."

Vendan Ka'Xain, to Elaina of Night as she led her insurrection against him.

GM
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
500000/1000000  (500000/1000000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  E2lio2tR on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:05 am

With a stern yet understanding tone "Destin. This is not the time or place for this. He is not fully recovered yet, at least enough to be of any use to us." Softening his tone some "I promise you that we will get what we can out of this man. But we need to do it right and at the right time. Here in the open where we can be seen, where the druids who are protecting him can see us, is not the place."
avatar
E2lio2tR
Admin


Character sheet
XP:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Post- Feb game- The Road to Silverymoon

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum